Poster: jonc Date: Jun 8, 2008 9:22am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: Help with some incoming films' rifghts?

classiccinemaonline.com wrote:

> Don't bother discussing this film further, I've
> removed it.

> If you people are so concerned with any of the films
> I have on the Archives, is there some reason why you
> don't email me directly?

In most cases that would be pointless, many people abuse the Archive for file sharing and often use dummy or pseudo email accounts. This would usually be ignored.

> If you're going to piss and moan about any of these, at
> least the ones I've uploaded to the archives, how about
> if I just delete them all and free you up so that you
> can find something or someone else to piss and moan
> about?

That is your prerogative. The Archive is a valuable resource but copyrighted works are not licensed here and are illegal. People are concerned that lawsuits may result and terminate this site. Hence, the "pissing" and "moaning".

> I really don't appreciate this kind of thing going on
> behind my back, thank you very much.

This is a public forum. Apparently it didn't take you long to find this discussion. As mentioned above, the most effective way to report illegal works is in these forums.

> And by the way, why don't you check the US Copyright
> office instead of wiki? I didn't happen to find the title
> there when I looked, maybe I looked in the wrong place,
> but it doesn't matter now, I have removed the film.

The Copyright Office's online service is limited. Title registrations only go back to 1978. Please have a look at

http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/public_domain/

for some insight on copyright law and public domain.

This post was modified by jonc on 2008-06-08 16:22:24